THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WIND SUN SKY! WE ARE A TIGHTKNIT TEAM OF COLLABORATIVE, PASSIONATE, CREATIVE STORYTELLERS AND ARE LOOKING TO ADD LIKE-MINDED INDIVIDUALS TO OUR ENSEMBLE. IF YOU THINK YOU’D BE A GOOD FIT, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME/CV TO RECRUITING@WINDSUNSKY.COM.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Under the guidance of the Senior CG Generalist and CG Crowd TD, the CG Generalist is responsible for a variety of 3D tasks pertaining to the delivery of the project, including key builds for vehicles and environments and setting specs for partners to create similar assets. In addition, the role will create 3D crowd shots to be implemented in a high profile, Amazon Prime series.
• Creating 3D prop and environment assets including modeling, texturing, lighting, shading / look development.
• Creating toon shaded looks using Arnold renderer.
• Willing to learn how to develop assets for usage in Golaem crowd software for Maya.
• Work with the Senior Crowd TD to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches for building crowd systems.
• Willing to learn how to create crowd simulation which composes movements of crowds using 3D software.
• Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work, while remaining capable of adapting to shifting priorities.
• Works and maintains clear communication with the Art Director and Technical Director to realize the vision of the project.
• Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
• Aligns and engages with the values of Skybound North: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
• Degree and/or diploma in fine arts, animation, computer graphics or equivalent experience preferred.
• 3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
• Expertise in Maya and CG production methodology.
• And understanding of animation in regard to looping and blending motions together (motion edit)
• Experience with layout is an asset for assisting the crowd department.
• No previous crowd experience necessary. A desire and willingness to learn essential.
• Solid knowledge and skills in modeling, texturing, and shading. Experience creating toon shaded looks.
• Knowledge of SketchUp an asset.
• Knowledge of game engines and real time rendering is an asset.
• Shotgun experience an asset but not required.
• Efficient and detail oriented. Knowledge of the production process.
• Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
• Ability to translate 2D designs into 3D assets.
• Ability to anticipate hurdles and proactively communicates production issues to supervisor.
• Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives and/or clients.
• Ability to communicate creative or technical concerns and ideas clearly and concisely. Practices
open communication between the team and other departments.
• Experience working with crowd kits to create procedural variation in agents.
• Experience working with motion capture data, solving and cleaning mocap data, and creating animation cycles.
• Fluent in Photoshop
• Fluent in Maya
• Experience with Arnold renderer
• Knowledge of Python ideal but not required
• Knowledge of SketchUp ideal but not required
• Knowledge of Python
Vancouver, British Columbia
The Snr. Director of Business Affairs works closely with and suports the CEO and CFO. They also support and work closely with the VP Production, Sr. Producers as well as supporting the Business Development team, and other cross-functional teams as needed, including Marketing, Finance and Productions to ensure the day to day business affairs operations of the Company and productions are achieved. This includes providing end-to-end contract support throughout the deal cycle, from negotiation to implementation to renewal both internally and with external business partners, artists and other third parties, and ensuring the Company is in compliance with all of its contractual obligations and for managing distribution issues, licensing, clearances and trademarks.
• Document management support throughout the deal cycle, from negotiation and signing to implementation
• Prepare, draft, and mark up contracts
• Coordinate all status and feedback of those contracts in negotiation
• Track and update stakeholders proactively, providing strategic feedback and comments
• Ensure all stakeholders handling deals work from agreed upon templates, understand precedents, etc.
• Develope new templates for standard term deals as necessary
• Facilitates and coordinates with outside counsel to negotiate and drafts deals for writers and artists in a consistent platform for all projects
• Supports executives to act as company’s liaison with its legal counsel, distribution and licensing agents, broadcasters and 3rd party clients
• Reviews contracts from 3rd party clients to ensure contracts are in line with the Company’s business interests
• Monitor and manage database of content rights, options Company trademarks, and track contract status and renewal timelines
• Manage the signing, filing, and loading into the contract management system and on-going records retention compliance
• Maintain the Company’s system for communicating upcoming contractual obligations, providing advance warning to decision makers.
• Spearhead all funding initiatives and source potential opportunities
• Collaborate with key executives to handle application process
• Act as point person for all applications as needed
• Development Funding: strategize and source government and private development programs and funding for company projects, including but not limited to the assembly and preparation of applications for CMF and or other government grant applications for applicable IP projects.
• Work with Finance Department to prepare applications for CAVCO and Creative BC
• Assist the Finance and HR Departments with the collection and maintenance of residency documents required for tax credit eligibility.
• Preparation of green-light check list and deliverables summary documentation in accordance with Company, Broadcaster and Distributor agreements, review of project draft credits to ensure correctness per key contracts
• Ensure that deliverables are clearly understood by the Producer and that clearance procedures are followed in accordance with project guidelines
• Coordinate the assembly of all deliverable requirements with respect to distributor and/or broadcast sales, merchandising and licensing agreements
• Manage communications with outside partners, distributors and financiers to clarify business procedures or delivery requirements and ensure proper protocols are in place
• Liaise with other internal departments to ensure that all deliverable requirements are satisfied and follows up on all outstanding items
• Ensure the Line Producers/Producers archive production catalogues and contracts accordingly.
Distribution/Licensing & Merchandising
• Assesses in-house IP contracts to analyze various rights and royalty payment obligations to and from the company. Coordinates with Finance Department to set-up and track reporting obligation requirements.
• Establishes an archival system for distribution contracts.
• Responsible for business set-up and ongoing support for new projects, including managing incorporation of companies and annual filings
• Assist with company and project insurance (and E&O) applications. Research/support with matters related to company-wide risk management or insurance claims
• Any other tasks and additional projects commensurate with the role.
• University degree or equivalent preferred in area related to commerce/law or business/MBA.
• 10-15 years of experience in Business Affairs, Contracts Administration and/or the Film Industry.
• Experience applying for funding or incentive programs offered through Telefilm, BC Film, CRTC, CAVCO and the CMF.
• Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail
• Exceptional ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly, operate autonomously within corporate parameters, and remain cool and level-headed in high pressure situations
• Ability to think independently and creatively to close complex or basic deals quickly within parameters
• Experience in evaluation, reviewing and administering contracts
• A team player able to work collaboratively with colleagues and across the company, build strong internal and external relationships, effectively advise team members/ business partners under time-sensitive conditions and generate client satisfaction through strategic thinking
• Business minded with good common sense and judgment, strong interpersonal skills
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude
• Deep understanding of production process in both live action and animation (including television series and feature film)
• Must be a flexible and strategic thinker
• Proven ability to manage confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and tact.
PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE OPPORTUNITIES!